There are many reasons to make a New Year’s resolution. We all have opportunities and plans for 2015 to be the year to start fresh! In fact, the #1 resolution of 2014 was to “lose weight” and the #5 resolution was to “stay fit and healthy.” We also know that out of the about 40% of Americans who make New Year’s resolutions, only 8% actually keep them. It’s no wonder it’s hard to stay on track since the odds are stacked against you at your workplace every day. There are always temptations like the company potluck or the boss’s birthday cake. The average person spends about 2,080 hours a year at work and with those kind of numbers, it’s difficult not to directly correlate the success or failure of your diet to your work environment. With the workplace having such a significant impact on keeping our resolutions, here are a few ways you can help your office succeed this year!
- Be a leader. The changes start with you. Take the initiative and pick up a fresh fruit salad in the morning instead of bagels or doughnuts. Pineapples and bananas have been known to be among the best choices for breakfast. These fruits can boost metabolism and give you a natural burst of energy. Quick tip! Remove the skewers from your fruit arrangement and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator to have all the ingredients for a fruit salad.
- Share your goals & keep it simple. Create accountability and build a collaborative employee culture. Use your resolution as a way to make small changes that establish an overall healthy lifestyle. Remember this is a marathon, not a sprint. Make it a point to keep up with your staff’s progress by offering support and guidance.
- Lunch & Learn. Hosting a lunch & learn can be extremely helpful in keeping resolutions and making lifestyle changes as a team. Encourage your employees to bring in a healthy lunch and participate in educational discussion on wellness. This program should offer information to both the employer and the employees. Did you know?: The kale in the containers of our arrangements can be washed and sauteed with some garlic or onions for a healthy side.
- Replace the cakes and cookies. Try to collaborate with your office manager in charge of ordering food to ensure that a wide variety of healthy options are available. Having a birthday party for your employees? Try A Birthday Bouquet® from Edible Arrangements®. Replace the unnecessary sugars with the ones nature truly needed in your diet like fresh pineapple, strawberries and grapes.
- Believe You Can! You can do it! Make sure you and your team continue the momentum. Don’t give up! Have motivational quotes or small sayings for the team throughout the year to let them know it isn’t over yet. When you believe it, you can do it. Celebrate even the small milestones and reward yourself all along the way for continued motivation and success. Try a fun approach to a healthier treat like a Simply Swizzled Mixed Fruit Box.
We’re making it easy to keep your resolution all year round. Visit Edible.com to find a local store or call 1-800-691-3564 and let our Edible Concierge™ take care of you. You can make this year FRESH & healthy, and we can help!