Last Updated on
We’re already more than halfway through August (say what?!) and there’s still so much more summer fun left to be had! With the weeks and weekends speeding by, the end of summer feels much too similar to the Sunday scaries. However, fall doesn’t officially kick off until September, so we’re challenging you to complete our End of Summer Bucket List! Take advantage of these last few weeks, and see how many of these sweet activities you can accomplish before the leaves start changing colors!
End of Summer Bucket List
- 2 words…fruit s’mores. Roasted over the campfire.
- Introduce yourself to someone new.
- Indulge in watermelon, 3 different ways – fresh and juicy, frozen into a popsicle, and grilled. To help, prepare for your watermelon indulgent, we wanted to provide you with a quick 7-step guide to making some of the most delicious, beautiful, and most importantly, refreshing frozen fruit pops you’ll ever have.
4. Take a dance class.
5. Host a popsicle taste test with your friends and family to beat the heat! Make it a fun family activity by hosting a taste test with different popsicle recipes! Made with fresh ingredients, this is the perfect summer treat. Create different variations (there are SO many) and see which recipes you and your family like best. Click here for some YUM-worthy recipes you can try today! To get started with your taste test, try our watermelon-kiwi frozen fruit bars. These beautiful, delicious, and refreshing watermelon fruit pops will help quench that remaining summer heat.
6. Rally up some of your best friends or family members and take a trip to explore a new place!
7. Take a nap in a hammock (and finish that book you started at the beach earlier this summer!).
8. Pay it forward in the coffee (or smoothie) line.
9. Watch a sunset.
10. Watch a sunrise.
11. Sing and dance in the rain to your favorite summer jam.
12. Explore a new hiking trail and reward yourself with something sweet! If your family is active and enjoys outdoor summer activities, head out early in the morning (or late in the evening) for an adventure hike (or bike ride). When you’re done, cool down with a refreshing treat.
13. Write a letter to yourself and open it in 5 years.
14. Watch an outdoor movie. Simply set up a projector and show the movie against the side of your home. Your friends and family can gather in your yard and enjoy those amazing summer evenings. Or if your planned dates gets soaked (or your yard is filled with bugs), get cozy inside by building the ultimate living room fort and movie theater. Using couch pillows, blankets, and whatever other comfy materials you can find, work together to set up a cozy space in front of the television. Turn down the lights and play your favorite movie in the coolest movie theater EVER. Finally, Don’t forget your mid-movie snacks!
15. Go stargazing while enjoying some chocolate dipped fruit!
16. Collect seashells and create a memory box to store your favorite summer photos.
17. Overcome one of your fears with your BFF.
18. Dive into a new book on the beach!
19. Stay in your PJs…all day long. No exceptions.
20. Surprise someone special with a sweet delivery. For some sweet inspiration, any of the following arrangements offer those special summer flavors that will help anyone enjoy the end of summer!
Juicy berries, including fresh strawberries dipped in rich, white chocolate, succulent pineapple stars and ripe blueberries epitomize summer flavors. Send this patriotic gift over Labor Day weekend and pay the end of summer forward.
Nothing says (or tastes like) summer like some seasonal fruits. From strawberries, watermelon, pineapples, mangos, kiwis and blueberries, this decadent fruit platter skips over the boring stuff and is instead packed with all of your favorite summer fruits. Send this platter to your friends and let them enjoy their favorite summer flavors one more time!
This eye-catching arrangement brings a touch of summer sunshine to any tablescape. It’s filled with sun-shaped pineapple, watermelon, kiwi, blueberries, and so much more. This beautiful arrangement makes a great table centerpiece, and the delicious fruit will make your mouth water.
Every end of summer party needs some dessert and this fruit platter is chock-full of decadent chocolate-covered fruit, including apples, strawberries, pineapple, and more. It offers a healthier take on traditional desserts, yet it’s still oh-so-delicious, which makes it a wonderful gift to pay forward and send to your friends or family.
Many of us love summer because the weather is warm and our homes are filled with beautiful flowers and gardens. In the summer spirit, this arrangement is packed with delightful, juicy strawberries interspersed with eye-catching pineapple daisies. Not only is this dessert delicious, it’s also healthy and allows everyone to savor a little more summer flavor!
This arrangement is as beautiful as it is delicious. It’s packed with pineapple stars, pineapple daisies, strawberries, melon, and so much more, all beautifully arranged in a keepsake container. This is truly delicious and filled with all of the best summer flavors and fruits, which provides a great way to celebrate a terrific summer.
The summer is almost gone and so are our watermelon, kiwi and mango summer seasonal fruit bouquets. How about one last hurrah before the sun sets on this amazing time of year and seasonal fruits? Share this post and tag your friends and family to encourage them to take the challenge! Don’t forget to share your photos along the way and tag us @ediblearrangements on Facebook and Instagram, and @edible on Twitter. What are you waiting for? Let’s get started!